Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello everyone, yes another week has passed and another week of hard work lies ahead of me. I am so grateful and thankful to take on any challenge that presents itself in this true and sacred work. The reason why I always mention this work as sacred is because that's exactly what it is. The things that I have experienced this past year have been truly amazing, it is not the works of me or of men, but the work of the Lord. This is his work and I am his servant, bringing His true gospel message to the world. The powers of Heaven are truly with me, the Powers of Heaven bring about these many great and marvelous miracles . The Lord truly loves his children so much and I can feel that portion of love that he has for them as the Spirit of the Lord works through me, and what a blessing that is as I can honestly feel that powerful influence in my life as a missionary.
This past week my companion and I work so very diligently in striving to build a solid teaching pool so that we can have some great success in the near future, and spend more time teaching rather than finding. We finally are getting to that point after these past two weeks of finding like crazy. We now have some solid investigators that are looking to be baptized in the near future. Yesterday at Church we had 3 investigators at church for their first time. It was a blessing to see each of them there. Ones name is Adenike, she is amazing she met with the missionaries in Arizona and now is looking to join the church. Tonight we are going to invite her to be baptized, we are currently planning for September 18th for her baptismal date, but we will have to see how the Spirit directs us in the lesson.
Another is Zoe, she is the daughter of a Less Active member that we found this week as we are currently striving to work with the Less Active members in bringing them back to church and finding people to teach through them. Zoe and her Mom Gwendolyn were able to come to church and we were able to get Gwendolyn a calling in the church so that they can stay active, they both loved church so much. We are going to be meeting with them on Thursday, and we are planning on inviting her to be baptized as well.
We are still working with Guiseppi and Natalie, they are still preparing themselves to be baptized on the 11th of September. They are so awesome I absolutely love them so much. So yeah we are getting some good things going here in the area. I am afraid that I might be leaving at the end of this transfer because I would have been here in the branch for 6 months at the end of this transfer. So yeah... We'll see how it goes, because wherever I go, I am going to work hard and do all that I can to fulfill my purpose of which I am called to serve and fulfill.
Well I don't have much to say other than that for this week. SO yeah I hope that you all are doing well, I am sorry for those that have been writing me and I am behind on my letter writing. So yeah hold tight I will write back to you all, but I have no idea how long it is going to be. I love you all so much, I am thankful to have each of you in my life. It is a blessing to have known all of you!
Love, Elder "JD" Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment