Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It has been such a great spiritual week here in the "Hood" believe it or not spiritual things do happen in crazy places of this world in which we live. That just goes to show evidence that God loves all of his children here on this earth, and he desires that each of them may return to live with him again. Lately I have been having some crazy dreams about the "Ghetto-Hood" here in Brooklyn. I don't know what it is I have just been in the "hood" for a long time and Maybe it is finally getting to me. One thing that I am certain of is that I am willing to endure all things that may currently enter into my life, because I know that there is an important reason of why I am currently here. My heart has sincerely been given to the Lord at this time in my life. Now may it remain that way forever, because the blessings that I've received and the miracles that I've been a part of are truly miracles of the Lord, that of which I am eternally grateful for.
Guiseppe and Natalies baptism went well. it was such a fun experience. It was funny because when I baptized Natalie she went to cover her nose and she only covered her face but didn't actually squeeze her nostrils, and of course water went right up her nose, ha ha ha, it is an experience that I wish to never forget. She was so happy though and she was so happy for her husband. They are definitely going to experience a great blessing in their lives as they continue to remain faithful to the true and living Restored Gospel.
This coming week Dominic is going to be baptized. We are planning on baptizing him on Saturday, but we might move it to Thursday night, because he is busy with soccer. He is the man, he came to the baptism that we had this weekend and he is so ready to be baptized. He totally knows that it is true and he is anxious to be baptized. It is a blessing in my life to have gotten to know Dominic he is such a spiritual giant. I hope that him and I may be able to remain in contact throughout our lives. Who knows we will probably see him on T.V. one day being a soccer star. That is his dream and he is here in NYC pursuing that dream of his.
So this coming Sunday if everything goes according to plans we are going to have 4 confirmations during sacrament meeting. The reason why Guiseppe and Nataile weren't confirmed yesterday is because we had District Conference so yeah we didn't have church at the branch this Sunday. I am excited for this week because I am going to find out about transfers, I am not sure if I am going or staying yet, but as of right now I wouldn't mind leaving this area, I have been here for a long time, but at the same time. I would like to stay for another, because we currently have a lot of great things going on here in this area. So yeah I will let all of you know what is going to be happening with me next P-day.
There is a great tool that I have been using in my teaching that has greatly changed the spiritual effectiveness in the lessons, it helps me teach with more power of the Spirit which is essential to have in this work. The Spirit is the convincing power of which converts others, it is not me, but it is by the Spirit that I've had the type of success that I've been having here in this area. This new teaching tool is something that they have now just started using in the MTC, so all of those missionaries are going to learn how to work by the Spirit and teach according to the needs of the people that we teach. It is a "New Curriculum" that the missionaries are going to be using as they teach. It has helped so much and I love this new inspired way to teach.
Well that is really all that I have to say for this week. I love each of you so much. Thanks for all of your love and support, one more thing that I don't want to fail to mention is that there is a certain someone that I am so proud of her and she knows what I am talking about, but she is making the best decision of her life and this is the first step to having a happier life. That is all that I will mention about that. Again, I love each of you.
Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment