Friday, September 17, 2010

Hey everyone, it has been another great week for me here on the mission. I have had so many neat experiences that I know have humbled my heart in so many ways throughout the time that I've had to serve here. I feel that this work is hard and it requires much effort and love to carry out with this big responsibility. I do know that there is a great Spirit that enters into ones life as he/she gets lost in the service of others. Especially in helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. There are no more spiritually comforting things that enter into ones life than by those things right there.
This week I was able to baptize Adenike Graham on Saturday morning. She is someone who was truly so ready to accept the message of the restored Gospel. She is so happy and knows that this is the true living church on the Earth today. I am so happy for her. I give thanks daily to the Heavens for the great success that I've been having on my mission. This coming Saturday we are going to be holding a baptismal service for Guiseppe and Natalie, Guiseppe's wife Natalie has now came to a spiritual understanding of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and His restored Gospel and now wants to be baptized as well. We are going to try our very best to prepare a good baptismal service for them.
This week we had a good lesson with Dominic he is from Nigeria, he has been coming to church a lot lately in the past few months. He loves the church and loves being there. When we met with him the Spirit was so strong and he said that he wants to be baptized so we are going to hold his baptismal service on the 25th of this month for Dominic. He is here in the U.S. trying to make it to the professional level playing soccer. He is such a neat person with a willing heart and mind to follow the example of Jesus Christ. Him and I really seem to connect in a spiritual way. He has such a neat story in how he got here to the U.S. He is seriously such a good example to me, even though I am the missionary. He is a good example to me when it comes to not giving up on your dreams and having faith that everything is going to work out the way that it's supposed to. That is also how I feel about my mission, I wasn't sure if I was going to come here on my mission, but I was able to make it here and now I am giving it all that I've got by continually striving to be an example to the other missionaries that I am serving around, and being as diligent as I possibly can. I kinda feel like the big brother out here, because I am the same age as all of their older bros or older. It is fun like that though.
Well, that is about it for this week. I know that they have been a bit short lately but yeah I hope that all is well for you, I love all of you. I will continue to pray for each of you.
Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment