Monday, July 26, 2010

Hey everyone!!! This week was another week of miracles, as I am currently embarking in a work full of miracles. I will probably be quick with this weeks update. Raymond Graves was baptized on Saturday the 24th. He is truly such a great addition to the East New York Branch. I am truly grateful for the decision that he has made to take upon himself this sacred covenant and to be baptized. He comes from a rough family with pretty much nothing in his house. When he sleeps at home he sleeps on the hard floor with light sheets and no pillow. He is such a humble person. I am happy for the kid! It was great to have his mother come and attend the baptismal service for him. As I mentioned last week we made a goal of having 5 baptisms within the space of 7 days, well it didn't work out quite as expected. We felt that it was best to move Lee's baptismal date back to a later date so that she may have some extra time to prepare herself for this special sacred day that is going to enter into her life. She was ok with us moving her back a bit to help her more spiritually prepare, so yeah she didn't get baptized this week. She has come such a long way and I just pray and hope that she can keep it up and work towards what she wants in life. We weren't able to get her baptized this past week, but we were able to get Nicholas Baptized. So we did get those 5 Baptisms within the space of 7 days. Nicholas is a 10 year old boy. Someone that the old "Pad Mates" were working with, and he had a baptismal date for a couple Saturday back, but he didn't show up for his baptism and they weren't able to get in touch with him. So on Saturday night I gave his mother a call she and I mentioned that the other Elders have been transferred out of the area, and we were left to take it over. She explained that her son still wants to be baptized, and that she was planning on coming to church the next morning. So, I asked her to bring him a change of underwear and we can fill up the font and baptize him after sacrament meeting. So she showed up with her son the next day and we filled up the font and baptized him. That is something that I like to call a straight up "Ghetto Bap". It was crazy doin that, but it was fun. I mean what can you expect we are in the ghetto of NYC, which NYC is ghetto to begin in the first place. Nicholas isn't someone that we really taught, so we don't count it as one of our baptisms, but at the same time we did baptize him. Also this past week we invited Ella to be baptized on August 14th and also Anitra to be baptized on August 7th, so right now we have 3 investigators with baptismal dates, and the work is continually growing here in the area of East New York, Brooklyn. I am now about out of time so I have to wrap it up here. I hope that you all enjoy these weekly updates, I pray and hope that in someway they may be an inspiration to you all. This work is sacred and the Church is true. I am so thankful to be here at this point and time in my life to share the gospel with everyone! I love each and everyone of you. The time will come quickly that we will see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment