Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekly Update 07-04-11


Today is going to be a short update for you all, because today I am going to go hit some golf balls at the driving range. It has been such a great week for us here in Brooklyn, Yesterday Manolita Chenet was baptized. She has been taught by a lot of missionaries in the past, my second week here we invited her to be baptized and she accepted, and we helped her to prepare herself to be baptized. She is from Haiti, and has made a lot of great changes in her life to enter in to the covenant of baptism. 
This past week I had interviews with my President Nelson, and when I sat down with him, he straight up told me that we don't have to talk about missionary work today, because he knows that I am going to work hard and finish my mission strong. It was great to see the trust that my mission president has in me. He said that we need to talk about what I need to do when I get home he told me to show him my schedule for my classes at BYU Idaho. He gave me some great pointers. I absolutely love President Nelson, he has spent a lot of quality time with me as I have been here. I know that I will stay in touch with him throughout my life. I have had a lot of General Authorities come to our mission and they have all said that we are so very blessed to have President Nelson as a mission president and that he is among the very best of all mission presidents. I believe that to be true, the mission has completely changed from when I first came out here until now. 
I know that this is the time that the Lord has prepared for me to serve a mission, it truly makes so much sense to me, as now I am coming to the end of my mission. As for now I commit myself to work my hardest to the end of my mission, I am not sure what is going to happen with transfers and all, but who knows I might go somewhere else for my last transfer who knows? 
Well.... I love you all so much. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, it has changed my life eternally and I look forward to sharing it for the rest of my life.  Have a great week!

ELDER JD DOYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment