Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weekly Update 06-21-11


All of my good friends and family, I am indeed grateful to share some wonderful experiences with you all. The Lords work here in this part of the world is expanding as my companion and I are working with all that we can offer to the Lord. We have been striving to fully consecrate our hearts to the Lord in fulfilling our missionary purposes. We have been blessed with an abundance of His spirit as we have been teaching his children and as we work together throughout each day.
Monday is normally our P-day, but yesterday we had a mission conference and we had 2 General Authorities come and speak to the mission. We have Elders Gong and Christensen from the Quorum of the Seventy come and speak to us. I was called on to give the opening prayer, it was a great honor to have that special privilege to do so and to get up and pray unto our Father in our behalf. I was nervous when I was called on to pray, but as I pondered about our Savior Jesus Christ I was filled with faith and was able to express my heartfelt feelings to Him.  The conference was great, I learned a lot from these chosen servants of the Lord.
Here in Brooklyn I am continually growing so much as an individual, I am also grateful for the much prayers that have been offered by each of you in my behalf, I feel the influence of the Spirit daily in my life as a missionary. I know that he guides and directs us in this work. These are the best 2 years of my life, but I know that even the best years are what lay ahead of me.
We are working with a lot of great people, we continually seek for the Lords guiding hand in helping us bring others unto him. I know that this guidance can be given to all who have the desire to bring His gospel message into others lives. As we act on the promptings of the Holy Spirit we are then able to be living witnesses of His love and power to bless the lives of His precious children whom he loves incomprehensibly. It is my invitation to all that have obtained this sacred knowledge of the Lord to share it with all whom we know have not yet received the divine witness from our Loving Father in Heaven. This Gospel is true and I know it, it has changed me and this change will continually occur throughout the rest of my life as I build my life upon his Gospel.
I want to wish you all a belated Happy Fathers Day, and Dani I hope you got my card that I sent you Happy B-day I love you so much!
As for now it is my turn to depart for this time being, but until next week remember the Lord your savior, and find a way to come even closer unto him than you are now, it is not out of your reach because His hand is stretched out always towards each of you, He is quietly whispering unto all to "Come" and he will set you free from all burdens and sorrows that we all may be facing. Bye for now!
 
Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment