Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Update 05-02-11


This past week has truly been a defining moment in my life. I am so grateful for my new companion Elder Yau. Elder Yau is from Hong Kong, he has been in the Chinese program for his entire mission, he now has 2 transfers left. He has been a leader in the Chinese program for the past while in the mission, and now he has been put in the English program for the first time. The work here is a lot different from what he is used to. I am learning a lot from him, he has taught me a lot about the importance of goal setting and fulfilling the goals that we set as a companionship and with our individual selves. I have developed a deeper understanding of the importance of setting goals and reaching our goals that we set. As I was getting ready this morning I was pondering the thought in my mind of how much better I would have done on my mission if I would have known these things that have now come to me with conviction from the Spirit. As that thought came to my mind the Spirit was quick to reveal to me that I am only ready to receive the spiritual knowledge of things that I am spiritually ready to receive. I was not spiritually ready to receive the knowledge that I now have received. I was able to learn a lot from this meaningful experience that I had. This knowledge that I now have I want to share with all of the missionaries in our Zone, and with everyone. I talked to President Nelson about it this morning in his office, and we both had a great talk about it and president wants me to talk about it tomorrow in ZLC (Zone Leader Counsel) with all of the Zone Leaders.
Last week I was asked to speak to all of the Leaders in the mission about "Fearlessing", as I prepared my talk that I was assigned to give I know that I received revelation in behalf of "Fearlessing." Fearlessing is what we call going up to people on the street, train, bus, in the store, or wherever we may be; opening our mouths to share the Lords Gospel message with others. As I spoke I know that I was moved upon by the Spirit my message was carried into the hearts of the Leaders in the mission. President Nelson now wants me to give that same talk to all of the missionaries. I will just have to wait and see how it all works out, but I am excited about the missionary work here.
This past week we had Bettina and Kevin confirmed in church. We also had a miracle this week, we went to the Dass families home and Melissa said that she wants to be baptized. So she is going to be baptized on this coming Saturday. We are working with a lot of great people.
I am excited to call home this coming Sunday to speak to my wonderful family.
I dont have much time left, so I have to get going, I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week.
 
     LOVE ELDER JD DOYLE 

No comments:

Post a Comment