Monday, May 16, 2011

Fwd: Weekly Update 05-16-11


     The miracles that are found in this work are incredible. We have been blessed through the hands of the Lord placing His prepared children on our path. This past week as we were going forth to visit a less active member, we saw these two young ladies sitting out on the stoop of a house. Whenever I am walking and I see people I will go talk to them to invite them to listen to our message. As my companion at the time was Elder Moore(we were on exchanges) we went and talk to these ladies. As we were talking to them I noticed that one of them was intently listening to what we were saying and very interested in the message we share. As we were talking to them the gal who seemed interested said that her mom was now home and she pulled up in her car and was about to walk into her house across the street. I was quick to run over there and talk to her about what we do as missionaries. I was able to get her to listen to us and allow us to come and teach her and her family. We went over to their house yesterday to meet with them. They are all excited to listen to more of the message that we share. I know that this gospel will bring a great change into the life of their family.
     We are still working with Shaneeza she has a baptism date set for the 29th of this month, this week it was her Birthday and she invited us over for dinner and we taught her about the Word of Wisdom, we haven't taught her that before and we knew that she drank coffee. This week she called us and was excited to tell us that she hasn't drank any coffee after she has been drinking it for her entire life since she was a little girl. It is great to see what power the Lord can give when one is willing and wanting to make a change. We are excited for that wonderful family to continue on the path of righteous living for the rest of their lives.
     I am grateful for this time that the Lord has blessed me with in my life to have this opportunity to come and serve His children. This is a time that I will treasure for the rest of my life, and reflect back on the experiences that I've had forever. I have had so many life changing experiences. I know that the Lord has taught me much in how to be a better person. I was able to learn a lot of patience here in the mission field. That was definitely something that I have struggled with throughout my life, but now seems to be one of my strengths. I really am just about out of time and I don't have much left to say for this week. I do love all of you and am grateful to have each of you be a part of my life. One more thing that I would like to mention is that I am the absolute worse writer ever when it comes to writing letters, I sincerely ask for each of your forgiveness with my lack of effort put into writing letters. Please forgive! I love you all and have a wonderful week.

Elder JD DOYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment