Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekly Update 5-09-11


My dear family and friends, it is my sincere prayer that you may all be able to feel the Lords love today as you read this update for this week. My desires for you all to feel this way is that you may feel a portion of the love that has filled my soul. I know that I have been called to declare His gospel message to the world, and I feel that I have felt the power that has been given by Him to me, power of which is not known among man(D&C 24:12). This power comes as we open our mouths not knowing beforehand the things that we shall say, but by putting our trust in Him to carry this message into the hearts of the Lords precious children. 
This past week I have had many opportunities to open my mouth and to declare the truth unto others of my brothers and sisters, now they may not all have accepted the things that I have shared, but I strongly believe that I have helped them come closer unto Christ. It is amazing, as I have been here on my mission I have taught and baptized people who have met with the missionaries or had encounters with members of the church in the past. Yet these people who have opened there mouths to speak to these people in the past have no idea the impact that they have made on these individuals who have now decided to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized into His true and living church. It is my invitation to you all to seek for missionary opportunities to share His gospel. It is my promise to you that you all may be able to feel this power of which is not known among man(D&C 24:12), but only by those who seek to declare his gospel with intentions to help them come unto Him. As I have opened my mouth to declare this truth to others I am not always aware of how many will act upon the words that I share with them. It is my hope with everyone that I talk to that they may be able to one day come to this understanding through the Spirit of God, that these things are true. 
About a month and a half ago, I invited a member to share the gospel with one of her friends and she did. I was able to hear her get up and bare her testimony that she acted upon the words that my companion and I shared with her, to share the gospel with her friend, which has now lead to her friend being baptized, it is incredible the way the Lord works. Who would have ever thought that that my companion and I inviting her to share the gospel with her friend would have lead to her friend being baptized in Brooklyn. That is a miracle in itself. This is a work of miracles and of blessings. Miracles are awaiting each of us as we choose to share the Lords gospel with our friends and helping them experience the joy that we all feel!
This past week we had another baptism, Melissa Dass was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. We also invited her wonderful Mother to prepare herself to be baptized on the 29th of this month. She has accepted the invitation and is going to prepare herself to be baptized on that very day. I am happy for her and her inner commitment to follow the Lords example, and to keep His commandments. I am so happy to be a missionary, coming on a mission has changed the course of the rest of my life and many windows of opportunity have been opened to me in which I will pursue and continue to declare the Lords Gospel for the rest of my life and hopefully even beyond the veil throughout the eternities. I love this work and I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment