Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hey everyone! This past week was one of the better weeks, last transfer we spent most of our time with Autumn and John Rivera and they both got baptized, so this transfer has been a bit harder trying to find people to teach and to baptize. So… My goal for the rest of this transfer was to build a good teaching pool because Karina told us that she wasn’t going to be getting baptized anytime soon, but that she would in the next few months. So my new goal was to find some good solid investigators to teach about the gospel and who are willing and wanting to grow closer to God and feel his love more through the restoration of his church through the prophet Joseph Smith.

So this week I started calling people who have been taught in the past and also calling all of our media referrals. Media referrals are people who call into the church or get online at mormon.org to receive a free DVD or Book of Mormon. So we called them and we set up a lot of appointments and this week we found 3 solid investigators. Ones name is Tyler Gilmore, he is a great guy with a lot of good questions and he likes to read. So It should be good to see the changes in his life as he begins to read the Book of Mormon. We also found these two younger boys who are 17 and 12. Their Grandma is a former investigator of the church, she wanted us to teach her grandsons who are currently living in her home. She is such an awesome lady. So we taught these two boys the restoration of the church and we left them with a Book of Mormon. They are excited to learn and to grow together. I explained to them that they don’t have to do this alone, but they can do this together and make the changes in their lives together. They were both way excited to read and learn more together. We left them with some great things to read from the Book of Mormon. I then followed up with them the next day to make sure that they got their reading done, and of course they got it done and wanted more to read. So these two boys should be getting baptized in the next 2 months if everything goes as planned.

So I have now been in this area for almost 6 months and it is now probably my last week in this area then I will be packing up all of my stuff and going to a different area in the mission. I am excited to go to another area to meet new people and progress in another area. I will be getting my transfer call on this Saturday and I will be able to find out if I am going or staying, but I am pretty sure I am going, but at the same time you never know I could be stuck here for another 6 weeks.

Well I really don’t have much time on the computer today. We are going to go play some “Whiffle Ball” in the gym at the church. I am excited to finally do something active on my P-day. I ask that you all can keep praying for this great cause that needs to be fulfilled, that the Lords work may grow quickly so that his words may be fulfilled. I love this work and sometimes it can be hard. I like to compare it to a big beautiful Rose Patch. It is a beautiful thing but it hurts sometimes when you have to maintain it. Ha ha ha that was kinda lame but hey. I love you all I hope you all have a great week.

Love Elder Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment