Monday, October 26, 2009

Hey everyone! Its me Elder Doyle again. I hope that none of you are getting bored reading my weekly e-mails. This past week has been such an amazing week, it really has. Let me tell you a bit about this past week. At the beginning of the week we were by the subway station and there are these black guys in robes with these caps on there head and they are screaming and shouting. I wanted to know what it was all about, my companion told me that they are called Hebrew Israelites they are a religion they really don’t like white people they believe that one day God is going to tell them to kill all of the white people. They carry around swords with them and they are waiting for that moment to kill us. It is such an evil religion built upon hate and anger. I was going to take a picture of them, but one of them walked up to me and got all mad so I just walked away from them. They are scary guys to come in contact with.Another exciting event that happened was that we were walking and this drunk Columbian man walked up to my companion and I and wanted to talk to us about religion. He went off saying how he was a Marine in Columbia and we thanked him for his service for his country. He started getting angry, but we were being nice to him the whole time. He then started saying how he was going to kick our “A” you all know what I mean. It was hilarious actually. We just kept talking to him. He told us to watch out because he has friends that will kill us. No worries though he was just a short, drunk Columbian man.Now last p-day we were playing handball, which handball is probably one of the most exciting things you can do in the world. I love it, but anyways there was some kids that came up to us and challenged us for our court. So that being “playground rules here in the hood” you have to play them. So it was elder Werner and I that got voted to play to keep the court so we started off good at the beginning, but in the end we got whooped. I was a bit frustrated myself; it is just my competitiveness inside me.Also this week we went trakting, which trakting is one of my most favorite things to do as a missionary. I just feel a lot more comfortable knocking on someone’s door rather than street contacting them. So this week we were trakting and the very first door I knocked I got inside of the home and we have a great family that we are teaching right now they are from Ecuador, but the daughter prefers English so we have been teaching her in English. The thing is that Elder Nielsen my companion and I we both agree that the Spanish branch is a lot more fun for people and they have a lot more active members that attend church. So we might turn them over to the Spanish speaking missionaries, but we aren’t sure yet. Still trying to decide, they are so awesome and prepared to receive the knowledge of the restored gospel.Most importantly, I saved the best for last. I had my first baptism on Saturday. Margaret got baptized and she was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Here in New York we are asked to let someone from the ward do the baptism unless they specifically want us to baptize them. So we didn’t get to baptize her, but we were witnesses for the ordinance. I also was asked to speak at the baptism on the Holy Ghost. I enjoyed speaking and the spirit was very strong. We also got a few of our other investigators to come to the baptism. So it has been a great past week.Also I am now done with my first transfer. Every Transfer is 6 weeks long. I cant believe how fast time is flying by. Elder Nielsen and I get to stay together for another transfer. I am so excited for that. Also our area is now bigger, we still have Long Island City and now we have Sunnyside as well. So I am excited about that. Sunnyside is a nice area.People here are crazy about the Yankees just like me! The Yankees are going to the World Series!!! That is so awesome. I hope they can take it all this year especially while I am here. It has been awhile since they have won it all. Well that is all for this week. I love you all and miss you all. You are all always in my prayers and I hope the best for all of you. I only get 2/30min sessions on the computer here in “Queens Library” so yeah it makes it hard to get everything done. I love you guys! Until next week.
ELDER DOYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment