Monday, October 19, 2009

Hey everyone!
I am so happy to hear from a lot of you this week. I can’t believe how fast time is just flying by. I can’t believe it. The work is still amazing I love missionary work. It is so fun and really there is nothing much to worry about. I was telling Tyler my bro that the only thing to worry about is your obedience and make sure that you are always doing all that you can as a missionary. I feel that I have already learned and grown so much from the short time that I have been out here. What makes missionary work so hard is when an investigator that you really love and care about starts to forget the feelings that they have experienced and no longer want to be taught, but the funny part about it is they love your presence and they want you to come around and still meet with them. I am so sad to see that Satan has so much control over the hearts of the people here in New York. So I have been thinking a lot about the type of missionary that I should be personally by evaluating the personal gifts and abilities that God has blessed me with. I seriously do go talk to everyone that is possible for me to talk to. I love it so much. It is so fun talking to people about Christ. Something that I need to work on is being more firm with people here in New York if you are not firm with people here on the streets they will just keep walking. I am sure that all of you that have been to New York know that the people here aren’t always very nice, and they always seem to be in a hurry. I have noticed when I speak louder and talk to them as if it is something serious they seem to listen to me a lot more. I am more firm with them but I am not over-bearing. I just know that this is how I need to be as a missionary. I am going to work on that this week and next week I will let you all know how it goes. So in past week there have been 2 Shootings and we were there both times. There really is nothing to worry about though. At night when groups of homies try to talk to us we just say that we have to go and keep walking. We always seem to keep ourselves safe. So yeah we have a BAPTISM on Saturday the 24th I am so excited it is Margaret. She is so excited and I am so stoked to see her take this big step in life. We are going to get to go to the temple with her in Manhattan in about 3 weeks to do baptisms with her. My mission President, President Nelson made a new rule that we are aloud to go to the temple with recent converts that have been baptized. He asks us to get them to the temple for baptisms as soon as we can because when recent converts get to the temple within 2 months of being baptized they are 70% more likely to remain active members of the church. So I am happy about that new mission rule. It is starting to get freezing out here in NY. I swear it went from hot to straight up cold and nothing in between. The Yankees are going to win the World Series and it sounds like the Minnesota Vikings are doing way good too so hopefully they can win the Super bowl this year. Go Yankees, and Go Vikings 6-0. I really do miss watching sports, but out here there are so many people that you can find a lot of people to talk sports with. I hope everyone is doing great I love all of you. You all have played an important role in my life that has lead me to where I am today. So I only get to get on the computers for 1 hr. Every p-day so it is hard to e-mail everyone that I want to. I think that I will be here in this area for a few more transfers after this one. So yeah we will see how that goes. I will talk to ya’ll next week. Everyone here thinks that I have a southern accent? What’s up with that? Do I really? The Hot Dog street vendors are the best. $1.50 for the best Hot Dog ever! Now that it is getting colder we don’t see our hot dog buddy out very much. He is a cool guy. Well I will keep you all updated. Got to go!
ELDER DOYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment