Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekly Update 04-11-11


The Lord truly loves His children. I am grateful to be a personal witness of His great love that He has for all of His children. This week He has blessed us and the lives of those whom we are working with. We have a lot of great success in the near future. We have Betina who is from Haiti. She was actually caught in the big earthquake that they had there about a year and a half ago. She was in school and the school fell on top of her, and she was stuck under the rubble for many hours, she has scars on her arms from the destruction. We now have been teaching a great family, we invited them to be baptized on Saturday, they said that they want their children to be baptized. We will continue to work with the parents and are hoping that we can baptize the children and the parents on Easter Sunday. That will be a big day for us, with Betina and the Dass family all being baptized on that special day.
Right now we have a lot of great people that we are working with and are hoping that we can have a lot of great baptisms in the near future. This transfer is coming to a close and I feel strong that I am going to be staying here in Jamaica. We still have 2  weeks left in this transfer so yeah. The work is moving and we are motivated to do well.
It is now coming to my last stretch on my mission, I will definitely sprint to the finish and work my very hardest, I know that this is what it takes to receive spiritual power in this work and there are great miracles that will follow. I am excited to work hard, and I feel an increase of motivation that I haven't felt for the past 2 transfers, maybe it is because I have been studying every morning at 5:30 AM the past 2 transfers because I had to take a test for college. I am now finished and it feels great. I know that I did well and my future college education is all planned out. 
I have to get going now. I love you all and I hope the best for each of you.

Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment