Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekly Update 03-07-11


     Hello everyone, I really don't have much time today, but I do want to take the time to talk a little bit about having an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ that came and spoke to us missionaries this weekend. We had Elder Neil L. Anderson, Ronald A. Rasband President of the seventy, and 1st counselor of the Presiding Bishopric Bishop Edgely all of them came and spoke to us. The Spirit was so strong. My experience was amazing. When Elder Anderson got up and spoke to the mission he asked a few questions he asked what will make your missions a sacred time in your life that you can remember for the rest of your life.  and I raised my hand and he called on me to speak and I spoke out to the mission and I said that our missions will be a measured based upon how much we are willing to sacrifice ourselves for this sacred work, and based upon that same sacrifice it will be followed by much miracles and blessings in the work. I said something like that, he then looked down at my name tag and spoke about what I have said and mentioned that what I have said is true, and he testified of the things that I said, It just felt so great to hear him speak and to have been moved upon by the spirit to share those words that the Spirit of the Lord put into my heart.
     This weekend we are supposed to have a baptism on Sunday for Rickyna Martin. We are happy for her and working on her. She is a daughter of a less active member, who has now been coming to church for the last 4 out of 5 weeks. So yeah that is great for her and their family. Well I need to go home and get ready. We were playing basketball all day. So yeah I have to go now. I love you all and I am so grateful for this work. This is the greatest time of my life. I am so happy to be here. 
    Well I have to go now. Love Elder JD DOYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment