Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekly Update 03-14-11


     Hello everyone, once again I am going to be short  this week. I want you all to know that the Lord is truly watchful for his children here in this part of the Lord. Our work is starting to progress further. Yesterday we baptized Rickyna, she is an 11 year old daughter of a Less Active, but now active member of the Church. This weekend was a miracle we got a media referral Aida Lee, requesting a free Bible. I gave her a call the next day and she said that she wanted six Bibles. We set up an appointment with her for this past Saturday. As we knocked on the door I felt such a great feeling enter into my heart and I was filled with a powerful amount of comfort. Troy (her husband) came to the door, and he was very sincere about welcoming us into his home. We sat down with both of them and talked to them about the Bible, and then about the Book of Mormon, they were so very interested and understood that the Lord had children in other places of the world such as here in the ancient Americas. They are interested in learning more about the message that we share, we explained that not everything can be learned all at once. They are hungering to know more, we are so excited to teach them, we have another appointment set up to teach their family this week. They have 4 children and 3 of them are over the age of 8. 
     The work here is amazing, I love New York City, and I know that this is one of my callings that I have been called to for the rest of my life, I will continue to be a missionary forever. This is the least that I can do, and the Lord has truly showed forth his power unto me in a remarkable way as I have been here on my mission. I have changed and have seen others change through power that is not of me but of God alone. I know that I have been called to a great work, and I know that each of us that have come to the knowledge of the truth have the same responsibility to share the things that they know with everyone that they possibly can. This is the truth and I know it, and I know that the Lord will give me the power and ability to share it with others for the rest of my life. 
     This is all that I can do today. I love you all! My time is short and I really don't have much time left here, and I look forward to seeing each of you when I return!
 
     Elder JD Doyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment