Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weekly Update 12-06-10


     It has been such a great week for us here in Flushing, the highlight of this past week was that we had a baptism which is my first baptism here in Flushing. Gem was baptized on Tuesday and she was confirmed yesterday in church. She is such a wonderful daughter of God, she is from the Philippines. She seemed to have been so prepared to be baptised at this time in her life. Her baptism went so well there were a lot of people that showed up to her baptism and there was a lot of food there and most of all the Spirit of the Lord was right there with her. It was such an extraordinary baptismal service where the Spirit was distinctively strong on that day.  We went to a members house last night for dinner and she came and joined at the dinner. I had cheddar cheese flavored ice cream for the first time, it is a Filipino style ice cream, it was actually very good. I know that my taste buds have changed since I have been here in NYC, I have eaten so many different kinds of food from so many different cultures. The food is great here in NYC.
 
     Right now our teaching pool is doing fairly well we have some good things going here. There is one of our investigators, her name is Anita, she showed up to church yesterday unexpectedly, it was a miracle to see her there, she absolutely loved church so much so we are hoping and praying that she will be able to accept a baptismal date soon here. We moved Eric's Baptismal date to January 2nd, we are continually working with him and hoping for the best that he will be able to come around and more fully prepare himself for that day. So yeah that is about it for the main people that we are currently working with. Although I did reach a goal that I set before I came into this area, and that is that we would be able to get a baptism before Elder Pickering went home, and we did it. I wasn't so sure that it was going to happen, but I had faith that it would happen. I just really wanted him to go home on a good note and finish with a baptism, he has only had about 5 baptisms throughout his mission and it feels good to see his excitement when we had that baptism.
 
     I really don't have much time for today so I need to get wrapping up here. I cant believe that I am going to be 23 years old tomorrow, I am turning into an old man. Today I found time to reflect back on my life and I have been so blessed to have this opportunity to come and serve a mission. I am grateful for the time that I still have left to be here and to serve with full  energy and purpose of heart. I know that there are many more miracles that lie ahead in this great work. I am so grateful to have each of you as a blessing in my life. I love you all so much. This is all that I have time for for today. Mindy I also want to with you a Happy B-Day as well which is going to be the day after mine on the 8th. Until next week I will be signing off that is all that I had time for today. Again, I love you all!
 
Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment