Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wow, I have a lot to talk about today.... I am so happy to have this blessing that I am able to e-mail home once a week. This week we weren't able to have any baptisms so yeah... But it is OK sometimes people just aren't ready. So for Lee we decided to just give her some time. She knows it is true but it is just hard for her to live the standards, she still wanted to get baptized, but we told her that she cant, because she needs to make some changes in her life. I will just keep praying for her and hope for the best, that is for her to make those changes in her life and be baptized. This week Sister Bradford, Jhole's and Rudy's mother went to the hospital and she had to have a blood transfusion. We were all worried for her, but we definitely had the faith and hope that she was going to be OK. Before she left to the hospital she asked us to give her a blessing, and fix her front door that was kicked in by her x-boyfriend. So we went to the hardware store and picked up some nails and found some wood that was in the abandoned building next door. We hammered in the nails with a rock because we had nothing else to use. Also Anitra our recent convert stayed at her home over the weekend to watch over her house and kids. That was good for the both of them. On the next morning we went to go teach Anitra and we noticed that the door was kicked in again when we got there, and sure enough it was kicked in by Sister Bradford's Daughter Chantel her friends boyfriend kicked in the door because they were fighting. He walked in and put his hands on her and everyone in the house gained up on him and whooped his but. Ha ha ha it was funny, we saw the boyfriend the next day and I gave him a hard time about it, but he loves us we are boys with him. We went to go see Sister Bradford at the hospital luckily it was in our area. She turned out to be good, and everything went well. This week President Nelson called me in to his office to meet with him Friday morning. So we went to the office and he talked to me about this new transfer. He told me that he wants me to train again for the 3rd time. He then said that he needs me to be "District Leader" here in East New York, and that I am going to be working in the ghetto of all ghettos here in NYC, "Brownsville" (The Real Hood) it is pretty gangsta over there. People say that Brownsville is the worst city in the NYC, it is a high crime area, heck yeah I am way excited to be sharing the gospel with all the "homies" over here, they need to know the truth too. In this area I am going to be starting from scratch, because missionaries haven't been working over there for awhile, so we have 0 investigators, but that will change quick. So we are going to be doing a lot of finding this week. My new companion's name is Elder Jones, I will meet him tomorrow for the first time. President told me who my companion was going to be, which usually you don't know your companion until transfers when you are training. So he gave me the inside scoop. I know that I have a big responsibility being blinded into an area, which means an area that my companion or I don't know at all. So yeah, its time to buy a map! Also I am going to be training a new missionary straight from the MTC who arrives here to NYC today, and on top of that I am District Leader. It is going to be a busy transfer for me, but I'm so excited, I love this challenge that I have been given. I know that I can only be the type of District Leader, Trainer, and missionary that the Lord qualifies me to be, but one thing that I do know is that I am going to give it all that I've got and do my very best exercising my faith and putting my full trust in the Lord. This week I am going to the Temple for my half way mark on Wednesday the 18th. I am so stoked for this. I have been waiting for this day for a minute (a long time). I feel like it has been too long since I have done a session in the house of the Lord. I am excited to feel the great and powerful spirit that I feel, and will feel when I am in the house of the Lord. So yeah I cant believe that it's been a year (10 more days) that is crazy stuff. Tonight Bro Amato is taking us to a way super nice German restaurant called "Zum Stommtich" I am stoked, he does so much for us missionaries. The food that you can find here in NYC is so much different than what you can find back in UT. It is fun to eat all of these unique authentic foods. I love you all and I am almost out of time, so yeah its time for me to go. Love, Elder Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment