Monday, April 5, 2010

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Easter Sunday yesterday. It really was such a special day for me personally to truly ponder the life of Christ and what he has done for me, but what made this weekend so much better for me was the opportunity that I had to listen to all of the sessions of the 180th Annual General Conference. I know that a large portion of the talks were on families and Parents teaching and raising their children so that they may be able to develop their own persona testimonies of the truth and divinity of the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his restored church. What a blessing it is to know that we have a true and living prophet in the world today that loves us and desires to help us on our journey through life. I know that this life is full of many hardships, I know that those hard times are what will end up to be the most valuable developing moments in our lives. What a blessing it is to have the knowledge of Gods plan for us. I truly love each of you so much and I want all of you to one day be exalted on high and receive the gift of eternal life.
My focuses have changed so much in this past month, my mind, actions, and desires are on nothing else besides to be fully focused on this work and on the important purpose that God has sent me here to fulfill. One thing that helps me through all of this is by allowing and directing my thoughts towards the Savior. I know that he is the only individual that can deliver us from any pain or heartache.
This week I am most likely going to start packing up and moving to my next area. I know that I have told you this before, but President Nelson hinted to me last time I talked with him that the Lord needs me somewhere else. So we will have to see what happens next. I am hoping that I get to serve in Brooklyn next, but who knows maybe I will go further out in Long Island and be in a car area. I hear that the work in a car area is completely different than being in the city. Well I only have one more week with Elder DeOgny, it has been a blessing to serve with him. He is going to be baptizing a young gal the Sunday after I leave her name is Tarrin. I am happy for him, and thankful to help him get a baptism.
My weekly updates have been kind of lame lately I know, but I feel like when I first got out here I was able to talk about a lot more because I was new to the city, but now this is my home and this is where I belong for now. Time really does fly by so fast I dont know if it is going by as fast for you all, but seriously time is one thing that I dont have enough of on my mission. I feel like I need more time to get the things done that I need to. I have learned that it is more effective when I am smart with my time.
Now that General Conference is over we dont have to where our suits anymore until next Conference. That is how we do it here in this mission is we where our suit coats from fall conference to spring conference, then when spring conference comes we get to take them off. So I am excited to take off the suit coat and go back to the short sleeves again.
Well I want you all to know that I love you all so much. I know that true power is shown unto us as we sincerely pray with real intent, and having faith and love for our Father in Heaven. Pray always get on your knees more often and pray to him. I love you all I will talk to ya'll next week.

Love Elder Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment