Monday, March 8, 2010

This week has been such a wonderful experience as I have now been given this extra important responsibility to train my new companion straight from the MTC. He is such an amazing person his story is amazing. His name is Elder Deogny (de-onie) he is from Las Vegas, Nevada. Now about him he was converted to the church 1 ½ years ago. He had a school teacher that he got close to. This guy, his teacher invited him to come to his baby blessing, he was excited to go to the baby blessing for his teachers daughter. He then wanted to know more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. His family was mad at him for him wanting to know more about the church. Elder Deogny then was baptized and his family totally disowned him. This Elder has not spoken to or seen his family for 1 ½ years. It is amazing that he is now on a mission serving the Lord. It makes me realize how important it is to submit ourselves to the will of our Father in Heaven. I know that Elder Deogny will be blessed throughout the rest of his life for this decision that he has made.So this week it was a great week, we have 2 new baptismal commits for these two young men one is 17 and the other is 11 almost 12. There names are Bishop, and Saeed. They seem to have such a desire to know God more fully and to draw closer to him. It was good I am going to do all that I can in my power to make sure that we get a few baptisms this transfer within these next 5 weeks that we have left in this transfer. It will be good for Elder Deogny. I only have 10 minutes left to finish this and send this e-mail off. So this week is going to be a shorter weekly update, but I feel like I have a lot to say.Brother Barton has moved out of our ward but 2 of his oldest daughters stayed here. So he is no longer the Ward Mission Leader. I am a bit sad about that I love him a lot and he was such a great example to me. He moved back to California. This next week is a big week for Elder Deogny and I, we found a few new investigators this past week and I hope that we can get a few of them to really progress, also we have to still find some more people who have been prepared to receive our message. It really is so amazing the way that I feel right now, I feel the Spirit so much and I feel such great peace and joy in my life as I am here serving the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. Well I have to get this sent now or I might run out of time!

Love you all; Elder Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment