Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekly Update 01-24-11


     First off, I want you all to know and feel that the outcome of the rest of my life and many others have completely changed because of my wise decision to come and serve a mission. There is truly no greater work than this. I pray that today you all may be able to feel a portion of the Spirit that has filled my heart and continually guided me through out my life. As I reflect there have been times in my life when I felt that I was all alone, but I now know that I was never alone and that the Lord has been guiding my steps the entire way, regardless of the things that I went through. I know that I had to learn from these things that I have experienced. I also know that this applies to all of you and all of us (everyone).
     This week coming we have 2 baptisms ahead of us. We are going to have the baptism of Anita Ang on Saturday the 29th and we are also going to have the baptism of Bob Tut on Sunday the 30th. They are two individuals that I feel are seriously going to be some of the most powerful converts that I have had my entire mission. Not that I am comparing them, but they are dedicated to be devoted members for the rest of their lives. We are so excited to have had the opportunity to work with them.
     This week I was with a missionary in my zone Elder Cheng. I had to go with him to the Doctors office, because he was bitten by a poisonous spider or something. His leg was huge, and when we got to the doctor, he said that he haves to go into surgery immediately. So I thought that this one hour doctors appointment never would have turned into an all day thing. I had the opportunity to stand in the room when the surgery was performed, it was disgusting, watching the scaple stab into his leg. It was funny though. He is doing well, but man we have to watch out for those poisonous bugs here.
     I really don't have much time to write today. But I am grateful for the small time that I do have to write you all. There has been a lot of miracles that we have encountered over these past weeks as Elder Swain and I have been together, I absolutely love my companion so much. We are both learning so much from each other as we have been serving together. The work is great, and I am not sure how much time I have left to serve here in China town but this could very well be my last week here in China town. I will find out about transfers this week, but I am happy to go wherever the Lord calls me, I just hope that He might give me one more transfer here in this area. We will just have to wait and see.  I love you all so much thanks again for everything.
 
              Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment