Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekly Update 01-17-11 (read This one)


This week has been filled with opportunities and experiences that I will never forget. This week we have truly seen the Lords hand in this sacred work, His work. The Lord has blessed the lives of our investigators tremendously and has poured His Spirit upon them to witness to them the truthfulness with such great power that has now changed there lives forever, and also the outcome of their eternal salvation.
     One instance this week is with one of our main focuses when it comes to investigators. It is Bob Tut, I believe that I have told you a little bit about him last week, but not much. He is a man from Egypt, he has only been here for a few months and he is such an amazing person. Let me tell you a bit about his background first. He has been raised Muslim and had no Christian background or any belief about Jesus Christ being our Savior. He was willing to learn more and to read the Book of Mormom. Last week he received a copy of the Book of Mormon in Arabic, when we met with him on this past Monday he had already read 200 pages from the book. He sincerely explained to us that he knows that this book is true and that he was raised Muslim, but now that he has read the Book of Mormon, he no longer accepts his religion, and that he wants to be part of this church, the true church is the words he used. So he is going to be baptized on the 30th of this month. He is such a solid guy, he said that everyone in Egypt needs to know about this book.
     We are still working with Anita, and she got involved with some anti-Mormon material on the Internet that her friend told her to look up, and it was hard on her. We went and met with her and told her that the things that she read are not true, and that all concerns and answers that she needs are found in the Book of Mormon. She is progressing very well and we had a great experience with her this weekend. We decided to fast together with her, she was so willing to do it with us, and we shared our testimonies with her about the powerful influence of the Spirit that we will receive as we fast. So that is what we did, and on Sunday as she was fasting the lesson in Relief Society was on fasting, and she got up and shared with the entire Relief Society that she was currently fasting and that the Lord is blessing her at that very moment from it. She now feel that most of her doubts has been resolved and that she feels the spirit that has came to her through fasting.
     On Saturday the Relief Society had a lunch activity for the missionaries and their investigators so that they can get to know the missionaries better and their investigators. It was such a great experience for all of us in attendance. We had a lot of investigators that came. The ward here has changed so much within these few months that I have been here. There has been an ever increasing desire that has grown within the hearts of the people in the ward to work with the missionaries and to get to know their investigators. Anita is being fellowshipped so well she now has so many friends and is loving her church experience here. As for Bob, we don't really have to worry about him, he already has so many friends he just goes and talks to everyone. He is the man.
     We have been serving the ward and have changed our focus to the members and to serve them and much fruits have came from this great act. We are here to serve the people and to strengthen the saints. I love this work so much and I never want to leave, I know that there is only a small season left for me to serve here and to do this exact work as a full time missionary, I only get one shot and it is a shot that I am willing to fully give my heart to the Lord and to eliminate all distractions. As I have done that miracles have happened around me and within me. I have experienced such a mighty change all around and in every way, my path is clear when I comes to where to travel. The path is straight, and I am grateful for the road that lies ahead.  Thank you all for being patient with me, I am horrible at writing and I will strive to make it up to you all one day. Love you all!
 
     Elder JD Doyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment