Monday, October 11, 2010

10-11-2010
Wow, it has been such a special experience being here, this week it hit me hard and I was able to realize how much I have truly changed as an individual. As I was thinking about it and I realized all of the weaknesses that I had prior to coming on my mission, I was filled with an increased motivation to keep working hard, and giving my heart fully over to the Lord, as these week things have now became a strength to me. This week I really dont have too much to talk about, and I dont have much time left to type. So yeah... We have been working our hardest, it has been a little rough because a few of our investigators just arent progressing so we had to drop them from our teaching pool. But we did find a family, the Salazar family is seeking for a religion for their family. They are awesome, we are excited to work with them.
We also found this guy named mark he is currently engaged to a member who holds the church close to her heart and strives to follow the true teachings of the Gospel. She wants to have her future husband be a member of the church. We have a lesson with him tomorrow on Tuesday. We are going to invite him to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the Priesthood Authority of God. I am sure that he will say yes, he came to church yesterday and loved it so much. We will keep working on finding people to teach as we are teaching these great people. We are going to most likely have a baptism on the 30th for Zoe, she is so ready and wants to be baptized. We will just have to see how things play out.
As I have been here in this area, I seem to have a clearer view of the destructive dangers of which this world is full of. These traps are set by Satan, he is fighting to destroy us in anyway that he can, he knows what to tempt us with. It is now our time to stand up and escape these traps. It is just heartbreaking to a missionary who is full of a sincere love for those whom they may be teaching and to watch Satan come into the picture and destroy that individual and steer him or her away from the truth. These pits set up by the adversary are bottomless and he will keep tearing ones life further away once he or she engages into the temptation.
Well I am now out of time, I love each of you so much. I am sorry that this weeks update was short, but who knows maybe some of you like it to be short.
Love Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment