Monday, June 7, 2010

First off I want everyone to know how proud I am of my little Bro. Tyler for his graduation. I know that there are a lot of important decisions and steps that he is going to be making here in the near future. I have such a great love for him and for his decision that he has also made to serve a mission, I know that he will truly be blessed because of it. So Congrats Bro. I love you man.This week has been another week of miracles and great experiences. We have another Baptismal commit for the 19th of this month, so she is going to be baptized on next Saturday. She is someone that has been meeting with the missionaries for a long time. She has had baptismal dates set before, but she never went through with them. So this week my companion and I were talking about her and we felt the spirit to not ask her to be baptized on a day but to tell her that she is going to be baptized on the 19th. So when we went to her house and were teaching her. I mentioned, "Tina, we both know that you've been meeting with the missionaries for a long time, and it is now time to make the next step in your life. So... You are going to be baptized on June 19th, you are so ready to be baptized." My companion then said, "I have only known you for about a week, but when I met you I just knew that you are ready to be baptized." So she is so excited and she is telling everyone about her baptism on that day. This week we have been working through the whole day, not really taking a lunch, but just quickly grabbing something to eat. We have been working on bringing people back to church that haven't been in a long time, and also getting our investigators to church. So this past Sunday there were just over 100 people who attended our branch, there are usually only about 60 who attend church each week. It felt so good to see the less actives who we got to come back to church and to see 4 of our investigators at church. I know that it is through our efforts that all of these people came to church on Sunday.Right now as you walk around the streets you see a ton of Puerto Rican flags all over the place, because it is the Puerto Rican Parade this coming Sunday. I have no idea where it is going to be yet, but it is here in Brooklyn. Also on July 4th it is the World Famous "Hot Dog Eating Contest", we wont be going to it, but it is also here in Brooklyn. So yeah there is a lot of excitement all around us.Here in New York they say everything weird here. If I want to ask you a question, here it would be.... "I wanna ax you a question." Also if i were to say hey that's mine. here it would be... "Hey thats mines." In Utah you could say dang those shoes are tight. Here in New York "tight" means mad or angry. for example, "That guy pushed me on the train and I was so tight, I was about to knock him out." Well that is a little bit about how the lingo goes around here, people are a bit uneducated here in these parts, but it would be a hard place to grow up.I am about out of time, but I just want all of you to know that I am really doing well here, and I am so happy and thankful for this life changing experience, and the mighty change of heart that I have experienced thus far. I hope you all have a great summer. It is starting to cook over here. It is a sticky heat, it is gross, but it's fun. Well I have to go now, I love all of you!
Love Elder JD Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment