Monday, January 4, 2010

This week is only a new beginning for the year of 2010. I have set some high goals for myself. I know that this next year of 2010 I am going to experience a year of mighty change and see many miracles. I hope that each of you were able to have a great year of 2009. If any of you haven’t had the time to reflect back on the year of 2009 and think about what you have done and what you could have done different, then do that right now! Setting goals is what helps us grow as individuals at a quicker rate. When we set goals we should set goals that make us stretch ourselves as individuals. When we set goals we must always constantly look over the goals that we have set for ourselves and push ourselves to reach our goals. Make sure that the goals that you have set are challenging for you to reach, by doing so you will progress as an individual and will be happy at the end of this next year. When we have set our goals, pray to God and let him know of the things that you have set for yourself are important to you and ask for help and strength that you may have the ability to achieve your goals.This past week our investigator John who has a baptismal date for the 17th had surgery, he had a hernia. It wasn’t too bad for him, he seems to be recovering very quickly. There is one thing that we found out about him that we had no idea about. We found out that he smokes, but not very often. Here in NYC it seems that everyone smokes. We taught him a brief Word of Wisdom. We are hoping and praying that he can overcome this addiction and continue to move forward to the waters of baptism. He enjoys the new things that we teach him about the gospel, he has a greater understanding that we are teaching him the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.On Tuesday I had an interview with President Nelson. He told me so many great things that makes me more motivated as a missionary. He told me that I have changed so much since the first time that he met me. He is such and awesome guy and he has such a great love for the gospel and for this work. He is a good example to each of us.On Saturday we were asked to go to the Bishops house he wanted to feed us and talk with us about missionary work. We were a bit nervous to go over there because from past experiences we have only heard bad things about missionaries going over there. It actually happened to go very well. We got to know him and his family better and we shared a short powerful message with his family.Alyse sent me an awesome blanket that smelt amazing. Ha ha ha. It is so warm and it keeps me warm every night that I go to sleep. I really did need that so badly. This week it got to 17 degrees with a -1 wind chill. It is the wind plus the humidity that gets you here. So when it is cold and the wind is blowing it is so uncomfortable, when you breathe it hurts your nose. I don’t have much to say this week so I am going to keep this weeks update short. Family make sure that you e-mail me more than what you have been. I love hearing from you all even if it is just an e-mail, that would mean a lot to me. Also tell Grandma Linda that I found her card, it was hiding. I love all of you and wish you all a happy new year. I pray and hope that each of you can fulfill the goals that you set for yourselves for 2010. Until next week I am signing off.
Thank you, ELDER DOYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment